Wondering How to Pick a Bay Area Excavation Team to Work With?
There is a lot that goes into any construction project. Before any structure is built the land must be cleared and trenches dug for a foundation. This work usually requires the expertise of an experienced excavation company to ensure it is done correctly. It is important to know that without a solid and well-built foundation no structure can endure.
What Does an Excavation Company Do?
An excavation company does much more than dig in the dirt and move soil around. Their roles include:
- Site preparation. The first task is to check for underground water, gas, electrical, and cable lines to prevent compromising them. They level the soil to the proper depth and grade. And, they ensure that the soil has the right compaction properties.
- Digging work. Removing soil to a proper depth with the use of proper machinery such as backhoes and bulldozers using precise measurements to ensure the new structure’s integrity. This can include excavation work to construct swimming pools, as well as pool demolition Bay Area work.
What to Look for in an Excavation Company
There is a lot at stake in building a foundation that will last, including the enduring quality of the structure, the cost of the work, and the safety of all people involved. It makes sense to look for these qualities in an excavation company:
- A great reputation. That should include a project record over many projects and many years that demonstrates attention to detail, integrity, accurate and reliable high-quality work, and on-time, on-budget execution.
- Well-trained and experienced personnel who are also bonded and insured.
- Proven expertise in the specific type of drilling or excavation project you envision, along with all necessary man power for the job.
- The right equipment for the job.
- A proven record of attention to safety protocols.
Why it is Important to Hire a Professional Excavation Company
The longevity and dependability of any structure depends on a well-built foundation so that the structure stays level, supports the weight of the structure, stays dry, and resists the effects of weather. It is important to hire a professional excavation company because:
- Too many things can go wrong if the work is not done properly.
- They will be able to address any unexpected challenges that may pop up.
- Professionals do a great job of cleaning up after themselves so there is no mess to deal with after the project.
- Excavation experts will consider the surrounding structures and the surrounding area and plan effectively.
- A professional drilling company that also handles pool demolition in the Bay Area will know how to work with various types of soils.
- It is simply more expensive in the long-haul to cut corners and use amateurs or do it yourself if the project is outside of your skillset.
Choose an Experienced Bay Area Excavation Company
Contact Lassiter Excavating, your Bay Area excavation experts for pool removal, excavation, trenching, foundation, and pier drilling since 1989. We provide exceptional service for both residential and commercial customers and would love to help execute your next project.