If you are planning a project that will require trenching, digging, excavation, wall shafts, tunneling or preparatory site earthwork, then you will need an expert subcontractor. You’ll want to choose an experienced specialist who can do the job right using the proper techniques, tools and heavy equipment to ensure project success.
Excavation Services are in Wide Use
The wide range of applications include:
- Topsoil, earth and rock movement
- Roadway formation
- Drainage work
- Bridge preparation
- Channel digging or relocation
- Footing excavation
- Borrow excavation, to provide materials for embankments or fills
- Swimming pool digging
With these many critical uses, it makes sense to secure a qualified team for Bay Area excavation work.
Tips on Choosing a Good Subcontractor for Excavation Work
Use these tips to choose the right subcontractor for your needs:
- Make a good match. Start by determining the size and scope of the earthwork needed for your project. As you look for subcontractor candidates, examine their size, skills and experience to determine their proper fit.
- Get referrals. Check each firm’s references and previous work, including quality, processes, timeliness, work ethics and safety standards. How accountable are they? Review their portfolio of projects to see what similar types they have handled in the past. You will want to make sure they have the right reputation and capabilities for your needs.
- Are they credentialed? Check to confirm that the firms you select from are properly insured, licensed and bonded so that your project is well-protected.
- Are they well-resourced? Ask about each company’s staffing, overall resources and equipment to be used.
- Check each company’s safety records.
- Ask about their availability and potential timetable for the work.
- As you narrow your search, ask for and compare quotes.
After you have made your selection of the right Bay Area excavation work company:
- Agree on a timetable.
- Agree on a price and payment methods.
- Sign a contract for the specific work.
Mistakes to Avoid When Working with an Excavation Subcontractor
- Don’t wait until the last minute to start the process to find the right excavation company.
- Don’t hire excavators that have too little or the wrong kinds of experience.
- Don’t fail to check references and insurance.
- Don’t let your decision be based on price alone.
- Don’t forget to get a written contract based on the terms you expect.
Choose an Experienced Company for Bay Area Excavation Work
Contact Lassiter Excavating, your Bay Area Experts for pool removal, excavation and pier drilling services since 1989. We deliver exceptional results for both residential and commercial customers and are licensed and bonded to execute jobs of all sizes and types.